Sunday 23 April 2017

1970s' dream, writing clear description on language universals by mathematics

The Days of Ideogram

​​​4. Time property in characters
In Autumn 2002 I got pneumonia and was hospitalized about 2 weeks, where I thought of 1970s' dream, writing clear description on language universals by mathematics. The theme was as hard as ever. So, at the bed I thought the basis of language from the side of Chinese character’s classical approach which had vast heritage till Qing dynasty. I directed my attention to the character's figure which had compound meanings containing time elements continuing from Yin dynasty's hieroglyphic characters left on bones and tortoise carapaces some 2400 years ago. I thought that Chinese characters had containing time and its structure could be written by geometric approach once I had abandoned for difficulty. After leaving hospital, I wrote a paper titled On Time Property Inherent in Characters*3-1.

Read more: http://srfl-paper.webnode.com/news/the-days-of-ideogram/

Takao, Tokyo
Famous by Japanese apricot flowers
March 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment